LX has extensive experience in software development, from high level web applications and GUIs through to device driver development. We have developed a wide range of different applications for a number of different operating systems. Our engineers have a broad base of software development skills and experience and develop with a focus on creating a positive user experience.
iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile platforms provide a revolutionary interface for many development applications. As such, we have embraced these technologies as an exceptionally useful tool, often enabling advanced user interfaces at low development costs and in short timeframes.
Key areas of our software development
- Applications for mobile devices including Android, iPhone, Windows CE, Windows Phone, OPIE, GPE and Nano-X
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs and skins) including Silverlight, WPF, Windows Forms, Win32, Cocoa, Cocoa Touch and HTML5
- Operating Systems including Windows (XPE, XP, Vista, 7, 8), Linux Mac OSX, iOS, Andoird and Windows Phone 7/8
- Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) (including RT Linux, VxWorks, QNX, µC, Fusion, IAR PowerPac)
- Databases and networking including local and cloud-based systems and web applications
- Automatic application installers
- Other languages include Delphi, PHP, MySQL, Visual Basic, PostgreSQL, ColdFusion, Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, Java and AJAX
- Various compilers & development tools including GNU tool-chain, Cygwin tool-chain, Eclipse and Microsoft .Net Framework
- Custom device drivers
- Software development using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies